June 25, 2015
Quarterly Homeownership Program Index increased to include three percent more programs; 87% have funds available to buyers
Link to release and key statistics.
Link to state-by-state data.
- The report increased to 2,359 programs up three percent from the prior quarter.
- Programs from over 1,250 housing agencies and program providers are tracked.
- 19 programs are available nationwide.
- Approximately 87 percent of programs have funds available for homebuyers, down three percent from February.
- Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC) increased 12 percent from October 2014.
- Many of these programs can be layered with each other and can often be used with most loan products, including VA and FHA.
- More than 14 percent of programs are special opportunities available exclusively for veterans, buyers with a disability and other professions or special circumstances.
- The index highlights the wide range of opportunities available for all types of buyers, not just for first-time homebuyers. 36 percent of the programs don’t include a first-time homebuyer requirement (down 1 percent from February).
- While all programs are available for single family homes, the index found that 17 percent of programs are also eligible for owner-occupied multifamily properties like duplexes, triplexes and quads (2-4 unit properties).